[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes owners List.

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Mon Aug 16 23:20:20 EDT 2004

Rummy,

I agree with your contention that 'Da List' should be for people who own a
Rhodes design hull only.  I would further propose the formal Rhodes 22 'Da
List' be limited to only current Rhodes22 hull owners who register, i.e.
"active Rhodes22" owners.  Bear in mind that not being included on 'Da List'
does not prevent anybody, Rhodies or not, from participating in this 'The
Rhodes 22 mail list'.  They are two entirely separate entities, run by two
different dedicated individuals, and serving different purposes.  Previous
Rhodes22 owners can, and should, participate in this Rhodes22 mail list,
adding their wisdom for the newer Rhodies and wanabes on any subject they
wish, including their current vessels.

I personally look at the various copies of 'Da List' as historical documents
revised as time passes; a series of snapshots of who owns Rhodes22s at
specific times and are interested and proud to belong to a special group,.
I save every copy of the list that you have sent me, the ones that you used
to mail upon request and which I was sometimes embarrassed to ask for, and
the newer e-mail format that I have no compunction in requesting.

If this suggestion offends previous owners, I would suggest listing them as
"Previous Owners" (more work for Rummy) along with the same data as is
required of the present owners  (Note: the serial number would allow
positive identification).  This would provide some of the history of
specific vessels; where they were used, what they were named, who owned
them, and add another feature to my concept of a true historical document.

Lloyd
s/v Uhuru II