[Rhodes22-list] Side stay Question

Todd Tavares sprocket80 at mail.com
Sun Aug 22 22:45:22 EDT 2004

   Julie,

        I do not know if your spreader is the same as mine but, there is
   a two-part plastic fitting that is hand press fit into the end of the
   spreader tube.   The main part is pressed into the spreader.  There is
   a groove cut into this part as well as the mating cap.   The spreader
   is laid in this groove and secured by the cap using two screws.  Your
   spreader boot covers all of this.

      Stan (I think) suggested drilling and putting a screw through the
   spreader tube and into the fitting to secure it in the spreader ---
   since yours is obviously loose.   I have made a drawing to clarify.  I
   hope it is the same set-up as on your boat and helps.

   Todd

   PS.  Ed knows I can't resist making a drawing.  :^D