[Rhodes22-list] Side stay Question

Julie Thorndycraft julie at circle7.net
Sun Aug 22 23:22:35 EDT 2004

Todd,
Thank you for the drawing, it's perfect.

For those of you who were worried about my well-being, a thank you to you as
well. With the help of a friend, we threw a rope around the mast above the
spreaders and used this line to pull the boat to port. It's amazing how
quickly the boat will heel when a gust comes along and how unwilling it is
to heel by artificial forces!

Anyhow, we did get it heeled over enough to make the difference - took a
little adjusting of the starboard side dock lines so they weren't fighting
the effort but it did work. My friend volunteered to go up the ladder (he
also likes to go up masts), and I stepped back and let him go for it. He got
the end piece back into the spreader and secured it with tape for the time
being.

We will implement the more elaborate solution when we drop the mast next
week for Blue Loon's Labor Day weekend adventure - Lake Gogebic, Upper
Peninsula, Michigan.

Julie