[Rhodes22-list] Anchor rode storage

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Aug 24 16:01:44 EDT 2004

Doug,

Most of us have a second set of ground tackle under the cockpit seat in a container that fits under the seat.  This can be carried forward, although I prefer stern anchoring when single handing.  If I'm staying for a while I like 2 anchors because in Long Island Sound there will always be a 180 degree current shift and I don't want to hope for a successful automatic reset on the anchor.  The stern anchor can be tied off at the bow if you feel too dopey pointing the opposite way from the rest of the fleet.

Bill Effros