[Rhodes22-list] new member

eric.charles.newburger at census.gov eric.charles.newburger at census.gov
Fri Aug 27 11:48:11 EDT 2004

Dear Eyeball,

I recently discovered the Rhodes and now wait with baited breath for the
arrival of my new boat in the Annapolis area in  September.  I would be
happy to take you sailing at that time.

For now, there are several Rhodies on the Chesapeake, and I am sure someone
will give you a ride.
I think I even remember reading emails from a recently delivered recycled
Rhodes in the area, and if that fellow can give you a ride, you can see how
good the recycled boats look, and maybe you'll feel better about your
budget limits.

Eric

                      "eyeballs"
                      <eyeballs at maxinter.net>        To:       <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      rhodes22-list-bounces at r        Subject:  [Rhodes22-list] new member
                      hodes22.org

                      08/27/2004 10:30 AM
                      Please respond to
                      eyeballs; Please
                      respond to The Rhodes
                      22 mail list

Hello Rhodies,
I'm new to the list but have been lurking for a while. I first saw a Rhodes
22 at the Annapolis show 2 years ago and was impressed. After reading more
on the website I was eager to see it again. While on vacation last month on
the Outer Banks, I took a side trip & met Stan at the factory. Now I am
anxious to get my own Rhodes. I just started sailing a few years ago. I
bought a 7.6 meter Columbia & am finding out that while it is a fine boat,
it is not what I really want (single handing, thin water capability, IMF,
etc.) sooooooooooooo.... I'm looking to sell the Columbia and buy a Rhodes.
The budget (& the Admiral) dictate a refurbed or used boat.
Oh yeah, are there any offers from you Rhodies for a test/guest sail in the
upper Chesapeake?
Tom,
You are a ways from Chesapeake Bay country, but what are the particulars?
Thanks,
Mark Metzler
Middle River, MD