[Rhodes22-list] new member

Lloyd Crowther lcrowther at cox.net
Fri Aug 27 20:42:56 EDT 2004

I saw a new/recycled Rhodes22, Black hull, white motor lift, IMF, and many,
many other goodies yesterday morning in a slip in the marina at Fort Belvoir
(Virginia).  I was working on a friend's outboard motor there.  No name or
numbers visible.  A fellow told me the boat was new there and new to its
owner according to the conversation that fellow had with the owner while he
and the owner were mounting the outboard on the Rhodes22.  The new owner
must be a military or government employee to be able to get a slip there I
believe.  Use to be able to go into the marina at will, now it's all guards
and guns before you and your honey can get on base to go for a sail.

If the owner reads this list I can only say: You got a hellova boat there
sir.  First of the latest crop of Rhodes22s I have seen.

If anyone knows who owns this vessel please let us local Rhodies know.

Incidentally, I'm asking $7,000 for Uhuru II with the 6HP motor and trailer
based on the http://2.nadaguides.com. values.  Thanks for all who responded
when I asked for advice on a fair price for that vintage Rhodes22.

Lloyd