[Rhodes22-list] Block Island

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Sat Aug 28 22:20:04 EDT 2004

saw the ferry enought, both new london and montak, talk about powerboats, thier was a 130 monster a few boat away from us. brand new
not a scratch on anything(inclucing anchors, chaf guards, etc..). Now that was a boat :-).

She did fine, outbound, 15 gusting to 25, 5 foot sea after the point, spent most of the time on a single reef. the boat not blue
water. Inboand was a pain, it was only 15 knots winds but the couse was pretty close to windard and the crop from the currents had
her pounding, ended up tacking just to quearter the waves, she a little to full up frount. Ended up motoring most of the night just
to advoid the waves and because of the tight lanes. after 5 days I will tell you hot water is great, a good stove and room for 5 is
nice. 1200 pounds keel keep her on her feet 18hp desial worked flawless. Down side thier seat cushsions suck and it can wat ride if
it gets rought, also the jusrry is still out on the rudder balance(tracking).

MJm