[Rhodes22-list] Sailing this afternoon

Jim White jdwhite at utpa.edu
Wed Dec 1 15:40:13 EST 2004

Slim,
Le Menagerie is a 1979 hull..no frills, no lifelines (but I do set up a
jackline when it gets rough). So far I've only had to chase a single leak,
from a port side portlight that I replaced before splashing in the spring.
The wooden contraption below the boom is my whiskerpole padeye. I didn't
want to drill anything into the mast, so I attached it to a pair of form
fitting wooden blocks strung on a big SS U clamp, and used SS wingnuts so
that I can easily move it up and down depending on conditions. Works great
with my homebuilt whiskerpole.

(Sigh) ....gotta wait another 30 minutes or so till my big seawater tank
outside fills up before I can split and go sail.
jw