[Rhodes22-list] Sailing - Highly Technical Question

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 04:52:04 EST 2004

Dear Rhodies,

The s/v CoraShen went back in the water yesterday.
She was still in the slings when we arrived so I got a
good look at her bottom.  No pox this time and the
bill was exactly as quoted, yeah! About half-way home
I realized this would have been a good time for a
photo, damn!  The trip back to her slip was a good
knot faster at the same RPM and with temps in the
fifties and 7 knots, it was cold.

Now here's a chemistry/physics question for you
scientific types.  I pulled the engine access covers
off and turned on the ceramic heaters set for 45
degrees. That's the extent of winterization. My oldest
son said "Dad, don't you think you should pump out the
head holding tank, there's a whole season of beer down
there".  I explained that re-cycled beer is very
saline and won't freeze.  Then on the way home began
to doubt my own wisdom.  So here is the question of
the new millineum.

Does beer generated piss freeze or not?

Brad Haslett
"CoraShen"