[Rhodes22-list] my 76 rhodes

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Sun Dec 5 08:36:04 EST 2004

Todd,

This was very generous of you!  You've obviously put a lot of work into
this.  I've replaced the drawing  files you sent previously with these
documents.  I don't know what I'll use them for; but, it's good information
to have.

If I somehow conveyed a negative impression regarding your earlier drawings,
that was not my intention.  After seeing the pictures of the interior of
Hank's boat, your drawings caused me to start asking some questions about
how one would start virtually from scratch with rebuilding the interior.
Without some sort of documentation, like these drawings, it's difficult to
even start discussing the project.  There are so many major & minor details
conveyed in pictures & drawings that would require thousands of words of
text to explain otherwise.  In the absence of such visual documents, either
one has the necessary skills to just eyeball the job & do it, or one
doesn't.  In the absence of documentation like you've provided, to try to
start explaining how to do the job to a novice remotely via the internet is
absurd.  Believe me, as an engineer, I understand how difficult this project
is going to be & the amount of work that went into just the preparation of
just these three drawings.   I would certainly not be willing to pull up my
cabin sole just to document the underlying structure nor would any other
Rhodes 22 owner whose boat was in sailing condition.  I doubt that GBI would
be willing to release such data either.  But, this is exactly the sort of
information Hank is going to need if he is to have any chance of success
with his project.  You have done Hank & the list a tremendous service!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium