[Rhodes22-list] (no subject)

hparsons at parsonsys.com hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Dec 8 16:19:04 EST 2004

hparsons at parsonsys.com
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Restoring a Rhodes 22
From: "Herb Parsons" <hparsons at parsonsys.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:18:00 -0600

The compression post is what supports the mast, preventing it from crashing through the deck into the cabin.

Masts are either deck-stepped, or keel-stepped. Those that keel-stepped come through the deck (cabin top) and rest on the keel. That is supporting the downward pressure of the mast.

Those that are deck-stepped need something under the deck to support that downward pressure. That's tof the compression post.

You need one on your Rhodes-22, trust me.