[Rhodes22-list] Re: CBtrunk fast dry hardener?

Lou Rosenberg lsr3 at MAIL.nyu.edu
Thu Dec 9 11:40:36 EST 2004

  Roger,
   I have a plan to install my alcohol heater below the boat with some
sheeting to funnel the warm air into the (open ) trunk space and warm
the interior  before mixing epoxy.   Warm up the  entire cabin and
trunk area as much as possible including the use of a hair dryer or
heat gun before mixing.  Then turn off the heaters and apply epoxy
wait about one hour and begin heating again, just to be on the safe
side.   I could postpone the epoxy work until spring but want to try
this method first.
  suggestions?
  I know how flammable the vapors are and will not take any
unnecessary risks.  The entire rear of my boat will be exposed for
ventilation and  I could open my ports as well but they covered by
the tarp.
  Lou