[Rhodes22-list] baltimore harbor lighted boat parade

Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY) douglas.gardner at lexisnexis.com
Thu Dec 9 14:58:41 EST 2004

Tom, that sounds like a great time!  The generator overload story makes it
just that much better!

Reminds me of the year we had the R22 rigged and lighted in our driveway...

white lights on all of the standing rigging, mast, boom, and toerail, icicle
lights from the spreaders, a wreath at the bow, and flashing lights at the
waterline.  All I wanted to add was to extend the tongue extenstion all of
the way out and hook up eight wooden reindeer.  Maybe next year.

We had a deer hit in front of the house that year, and when we called the
Sheriff to come put it down, the dispatcher said "Oh!  You're the house with
THE BOAT?  We all know where that is!"

I don't think you should try the flashing lights at the waterline, but if
you get a bigger generator you might give the icicles on the spreaders a
try.  They looked great.

Congratulations on your second place!

--Doug