[Rhodes22-list] Slim's the greatest

Steve Alm salm at mn.rr.com
Thu Dec 9 16:32:39 EST 2004

Ed and Rummy,

You'll be the first to get the news when we finish our CD.  We recorded live
at the club a couple months ago and are in the process of editing and mixing
the rough cuts.  I'd send a sample but nothing's ready yet.  We plan to sell
the CD's on site at the gig and on the internet.  Before it can be released
however we have to clear permission and pay royalties for the songs we're
covering that we didn't write, and copy write those that we did.  It's that
whole intellectual property thing, right Bill?  I'd be in all kinds of hot
water if I skip that little detail.  All that takes time and money, and
neither seems to be in abundance, but we're making progress.

Naturally, the instant it's released I will be immediately skyrocketed to
the very pinnacle of national attention, fame and fortune.  Then you, my
fine fellows, will say, "I knew him when..."

Of course then I'll have to drop off the Rhodes list because I'll be too
busy, what with all the touring, talk show appearances, studio sessions,
movie offers, the fans, the signings, sleep overs at the White House and so
on.  But I'll be so very wealthy that I'll buy the...well what the heck,
I'll buy the Pride Of Baltimore II and invite y'all on a nice, long cruise.
That'll be after I buy the Mt. Gay company.  8-)  And General Boats too and
then we'll hire Roger.

It's all part of my plan to rule the world!

Slim