[Rhodes22-list] CB trunk Surgery - Roger's Recommended MOC

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Thu Dec 9 20:10:38 EST 2004

Lou,

If the acetone (2-propanol) evaporates too quickly; then, you can use methyl
ethyl ketone (MEK) (2-butanol) as a thinning solvent.  The boiling point of
acetone is 56.2 deg C vs. 79.6 deg C for MEK.  So, MEK will evaporate much
more slowly than acetone.  However, be careful because MEK is considerably
more toxic than acetone.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium