[Rhodes22-list] Re: Rhodes wanabes and List Lurkers

hank reiling gnilier at msn.com
Fri Dec 10 12:18:10 EST 2004

First off I probably could have gone to the Boat shows and searched until I found the "perfect" boat, The reason I got this one was my son said dad look at this ad lets see what it is.  It stated 1976 sailboat complete and sail ready.  Boy was that a stretch, but anyhow.  If I had bought a brand new off the shelve boat, I would have a new possession that I had bought. A new toy. Granted that would have been easier than what I am doing.  But this way my children and I have something that we can work on and call ours.  When it is put back together and back in the water we will each be able to say remember when we did this or how we built that.  It will be ours, a project that we can claim as our boat that we rebuilt as we want it.  I have asked the members for some of the basics as I have not seen one complete.  I did not realize that it was supposed to have a compression post for the mast.  Now that I think about it makes sense. I asked for information on the basic flooring.  I thank you for that.  We plan to make this boat as we want it.  I will be needing equipment from General Boats that I cannot make myself.  Ie a new centerboard.  But to make a long story short it will be ours more so after it is in the water than if we had just gone to Edenton and trailered it home and put it in the water.
I know I put down a lot of words but this is the way we feel.
thanks and Happy Holidays
Hank Reiling and family

PS Our boat will never be complete as we will always be adding to her.