[Rhodes22-list] Joke: Christmas gift mix-up

brad haslett flybrad at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 15 05:32:34 EST 2004

A young man wished to purchase a present for his
sweetheart and after careful consideration, he
decided on a pair of gloves. Accompanied by his
sweetheart's sister, he went to a department store
and bought a pair of white gloves. The sister
purchased a pair of panties for herself. During the
wrapping, the items got mixed up. The sister got the
gloves and the sweetheart got the panties.
Without checking the contents, he sealed the package
and sent it to her with this note.

Dearest Darling,
This is a little gift to show my affection for you on
Christmas. I chose these because I noticed
that you are not in the habit of wearing any when you
go out in the evenings. If it had not been
for your younger sister, I would have chosen the long
ones with buttons, but she wears the short
ones that are easy to remove. These are a delicate
shade, but the lady I bought them from showed me
a pair that she had been wearing for three weeks and
they were hardly soiled. I had the sales girl
try them on and she really looked great. I wish I
could put them on you for the first time. No
doubt other men's hands will come in contact with them
before I have a chance to see you again.
When you take them off, blow in them before putting
them away as they will naturally be a little
damp from wearing. Be sure to keep them on when you
clean them or they might shrink. I hope you
will like them and wear them for me on Friday night.
All my love,
P.S. Just think of how many times I will kiss them
during the coming year. Also, the latest style
is to wear them folded down with the fur showing.