[Rhodes22-list] Bulb Keel

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Mon Feb 2 07:06:07 EST 2004

Enclosed is a reprint of an article I published last summer re how we secure Dynamic Equilibrium to its trailer.  Newton's Laws of Motion apply to all objects, all of the time, people.  I hate to say I told you so; but, not tying your boat down to the trailer is a poor decision.

Note the use of the GBI transom & bow lifting eyes & the use of redundant tiedown straps secured low to the strongest parts of the trailer frame.  I believe my tiedown system would have kept the boat and trailer together.

In addition, on Dynamic Equilibrium's trailer hitch, we use an antisway damper.  This device and its benefits have been described many times on this list.  I believe this device would have stopped the trailer's yawing motion before it got out of control and caused the accident.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium