[Rhodes22-list] UPS Sail Again

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 20:57:45 EST 2004

I talked to the Doyle folks at Strictly Sail in Chicago. They
quoted $659 for the sail only and $1105 for the sail plus furler.
It sounds like it would be a better deal to get the Harken 1851
furler separately in any case but I am wondering about people's
opinions on how useful the furler itself is.  If I am not single
handing is the furler really useful?  Of course I can always buy
it later after I have had some experience with the sail - if summer
ever comes.

Ron Lipton
s/v Empress of Blandings
Monroe Harbor, Chicago