[Rhodes22-list] UPS Sail Again

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Fri Feb 6 06:58:08 EST 2004

Ron,

We use our UPS furler every time we use the sail. When we head up after a
run or a reach, we furl the sail, drop it to the deck and bring the head in
the hatch, leaving the tack still attached and the furled sail lying on the
centerline of the boat. This gets the UPS out of the way allowing us to tack
the Genoa across the foredeck. When we're ready to reach or run again, we
just furl the Genoa, hoist the UPS, and unfurl. Really easy and makes the
sail very easy to use - hence, more used.

The furled sail is also much easier to stuff into the bag. I used a snap
shackle at the base of the furler to attach it to the pad eye on deck, so
setup and takedown are also very easy.

We love the sail. We love the sail even more with the furler.

Mark Kaynor