[Rhodes22-list] Headsail Removal: Roller furling

Jim White jdwhite at panam.edu
Fri Feb 6 08:26:43 EST 2004

Good Morning Ya'll
Greetings from Deep South Texas (South Padre Island)....
I just acquired a 1978 Rhodes 22, in overall very good shape. However, the
headsail  (175% genny) has been attached via the roller furling to the
mast, and all have been lashed atop the cabin for more than a year. There
is no cover on the sail, and it has a little green algae growing on the
exposed surface. I'd like to take it off of the furling and inspect / have
it cleaned. Since I haven't had a chance to take it down from the deck yet,
I'm wondering if there's any tricks / suggestions / procedures that you can
pass along to a new trailerboat owner on this? My last boat was a 32 Abbott
with hanked on headsail....

Thanks for any replies!

JD White

Jim White