[Rhodes22-list] Headsail Removal: Roller furling

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Fri Feb 6 11:40:14 EST 2004

Welcome Jim:

There are experts on sail cleaning that will probably reply over the
next few days.  In the meantime, see:

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/sailcare.html

In addition, for other topics see:

http://www.geocities.com/blew_skies/topics.html

Also, see the archives of the email list @
http://www.rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/

Unfortunately, users of the list do not always change the subject line
of the post and you will have to hunt and peck for previous discussions
of sail cleaning.  But, there have been discussions!

The generally recommended approach is a soap and water wash.  If this
does not remove the stain, do not use Clorox as it causes sail cloth
deterioration.  There are several products out there for this problem.

After all else fails, I would try an old fashion mild solution of wood
bleach (oxalic acid) and let it soak for a few hours.

                        Ed K
				Sailing on Rummy's Lake (aka Lake
Hartwell) SC