[Rhodes22-list] Headsail Removal: Roller furling

Bob Weber ruba1811 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 08:52:45 EST 2004

Jim, If you have the GB roller furler (open drum and flexible) you have to
take the sail off with the mast unsteped.  There is a groove that the bolt
rope runs in.  Untie the a static line at the head.  and tack and slide it
out the bottom ( I think I had to partially remove the drum to make room).
I had good experience with Sailcare last year on a clean / repair job but
you are hitting them at there busy time.  If you can bear to have a dirty
sail for a couple months, June would be the best time to get it cleaned.
Bob Weber