[Rhodes22-list] Boat nostalgia

Mark Kaynor mark at kaynor.org
Tue Feb 10 14:06:36 EST 2004

I was recently going through some photos from a trip we took up to the old
family place on the Maine coast a couple of years ago and came across the
attached.

My dad had this 10' rowing skiff made for me by an old Harpswell boat
builder named Henry Barnes - the same winter he also had skiffs built for
himself and my older brother, a year or so after Henry built my uncle's 36'
lobster boat. I believe it was given to me on my 7th birthday, and I
eventually passed it on to my younger brother when I inherited my older
brother's 14' skiff at 12 or so.

Looks pretty sad now, but, man did I ever have a load of fun in that thing.
Even took it out to the islands a couple times with my old 3hp Johnson
motor. I spent almost every day of every summer for 5 years in that little
boat.

Mark Kaynor