[Rhodes22-list] Yamaha 9.9 Water Pump Replacement

bchilds1 bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Thu Feb 12 14:29:31 EST 2004

I inspected the impeller on my 9.9 Johnson.  It is not difficult. You must
remover the lower drive.  On my unit I needed to disconnect the shift rod.
When pulling out the impeller be careful not to lose the small metal block
that is used in the keyway.  I dropped mine into the lower unit and spent
much time digging it out.

My very old (but not used much since it is on a sailboat) motor showed no
sign of any deterioration so I did not change it.  However, I have been
sailing if the fresh waters of the Great Lakes.