[Rhodes22-list] ROGER QUESTION?

William P. Barry, III wp.barry at att.net
Wed Feb 11 15:55:43 EST 2004

Roger et all:
    Thought maybe you might be able to answer this question with your expertise better than anyone else we know... We currently have found a New 2002 32 foot boat. Just got out of lawsuits, and legal issues last summer. Commisioned in August 2003. The boat was the victim of an oil spill by evergreen. Had a barrier coat, as well as bottom paint. The only noticeable defects of the boat was minor discoloration on the bottom paint on  the starboard side. As of now the hull is fine. Are there any long term effects that might become an issue, and how bad would they be? As of now the pricetag on the boat could be a very good deal however, we do not know the effects of oil on fiberglass even with the protection, or how likely it is if any.

    Thanks,
        Will Barry/ Russ Miller