[Rhodes22-list] Steve 2 cycle vs 4 cycle smoke: ad nauseam

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 16:18:24 EST 2004

Steve,
You are absolutely correct about the instability of the Bass Boats. My wife
and I had the luxury of being out on our Hobie 16 one windless afternoon and we
were getting bounced around pretty good by the large three foot rollers
coming off of passing cruisers plowing thru the water. Sure enough, along comes one
of those bass herders in a hurry to get to the perfect spot. One of my gripes
about these guys is that few, if any, have any experience with a boat prior
to owning their bats out of hell boats. Anywho, this guy and his partner hit
one of these wakes broadside. The bass boat rolled up the wave and went
completely over. A perfect barrel roll. Landed right side up. Nothing fell out of the
boat, not even the fisherman. It happened so fast we couldn't believe what we
had just seen. Those two sat there for a long time. No doubt cleaning out
their shorts. When they left, it was at a considerably slower speed.

Rummy