[Rhodes22-list] Graco 3800 and Thanks Ed for bottom paint ref

Peter Thorn pthorn at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 22 14:36:50 EST 2004

Ed,

The air pump has a pretty large air hose and sounds a lot like a canister
vacuum.  The gas flow is at low speed, so the aerosoled paint kind of "fogs"
the work surface, providing a very even paint finish. Check it out-
http://www.graco.com/Internet/T_Corp.nsf/SearchView/Tools_of_the_Trade

B/T/W, thanks for the reference to the California Sea Grant College Program
(report # T-049) on non-toxic boat bottom antifouling strategies.  After
reading that report, I've decided the Phoenix will be drysailed and we will
not use copper based bottom paint.  Probably will use an hard finish thick
epoxy like VC Performance Epoxy with Teflon.

I've been a trailer sailer for so long that ramp launching from a parking
lot with the mast already stepped seems like no big deal to me.  The bottom
will last lots longer and Phoenix at least won't contribute to the enormous
build-up of heavy metal poisons leaching into the sediment around marinas.
Probably not a good idea for anyone to get in the water near a marinia.
Makes me wonder about those diving service guys!

PT