[Rhodes22-list] Ranger Friend...the rest of the story.

Rik Sandberg sanderico at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 24 16:05:24 EST 2004

Bob, Rummy, et al,

I sure don't know a whole lot about the rules for heads on boats, but
haven't I read somewhere that one can use a y-valve on inland waters, if it
has some kind of lockout installed to prevent inadvertent discharge???
Seems like I had read something like this somewhere in requirements for the
Great Lakes.

Maybe the rules in Georgia are different?? Sure doesn't seem to me that it
makes much sense to have to take the y-valve completely out. What the heck
are you supposed to do when you need to use it in a legal situation then???

Somebody must know the real scoop here.

"Course after Don Clarke's story about the boneheads in MD, well.......I
guess we just shouldn't be surprised.

Rik