[Rhodes22-list] Auto Helm

bchilds1 bchilds1 at peoplepc.com
Mon Jan 12 19:31:25 EST 2004

Since I am about to retire I have spent some time studying up on the addition of an auto helm. I plan to do more single handed cruising.  I have reviewed the information collected on the Rhodes22 FAQ page but have some additional questions for the experts out there. I see that many have used the Raymarine or Raytheon auto helm. Does anyone have experience with the Simrad TP20 auto helm?  For about the same money as the ST1000 it has a little more thrust (154# vs 125#)

Also, does anyone have some pictures of the installation, mainly at the deck attachment.  I plan to install it myself since I have experience with fiberglass, etc and feel comfortable with the installation.

 Bryan
"Escape"
 Rhodes 22