[Rhodes22-list] Auto Helm

Eaton, Gil GEaton at IKON.com
Tue Jan 13 08:23:58 EST 2004

	Hi Bryan,
	I have a picture of the Raymarine TP1000+ mounted on Closing Time.
I used Roger's instructions, shaded the installation a bit to clear the
captain's chair and the hiking stick retainer, so it's somewhat less than
the recommended 18 inches (as I remember).  I think Sailnet had a good deal
on it, included the remote for less than 400 bucks.  The parts came from
Defender (I think), installed it over a year ago.
	Good Luck,
	gil

Gil Eaton
S/V Closing Time
Spring Cove Marina
Rock Hall, MD

-----Original Message-----
From: rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org
[mailto:rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org]On Behalf Of bchilds1
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 11:44 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 mail list
Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Auto Helm

Thanks. I did not acquire that information from looking at the on line
catalog from sailnet.  I thought that they all had a digital readout.  My
boat is all shrink rapped sitting in the harbor parking lot here is
Michigan.  I don't want to disturbed the nice cover but I am trying to plan
for a quick installation of an autohelm.  One end would I need to be secured
to the tiller and the other on the deck.  In the information published by
Roger Pihlaja, he indicates a 3 inch pedestal mount (I am assuming that this
is for the deck, but why would it need to come up 3 inches off the deck) and
2  five inch pushrod extensions (I am assuming that this is adding length to
the unit so that it can attach to the tiller.  Some guidance  in your
installation would be appreciated.