[Rhodes22-list] What this list is all about

kostmst at comcast.net kostmst at comcast.net
Sun Jan 18 16:22:55 EST 2004

It was a balmy June 14th in 1980, as I used the binoc's to scan the causeway bridge leading to Long Beach Island.  Then I spied my search object.  She was scurrying behind a battered Chrysler stationwagon.
Soon "she" was seated on her Triad throne in the street by my house.  MY NEW RHODES CONTINENTAL HAD ARRIVED!!!  Her two escorts, the legendary Stan and either Skip or Scott (sorry I don't remember which) were in attendance.  They soon had her masted and sailed to the dock in front of my house. (I was in training to be her new care-giver.)

As I saw her in all her newly floated glory, I knew that there could only be one name for her....CIRCE... the name of the Greek goddess who drove sailors wild with desire.

Twenty three winters later, she sits still upon her triad throne near the street by my new home.  A little weather worn, but still able to attract compliments from passers-by.

Isn't this what this list is all about?  Plus some advice and experiences about how to better serve our Rhodes'?