[Rhodes22-list] What this list is all about

FNuttersNY at aol.com FNuttersNY at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 12:08:49 EST 2004

Maybe cabin fever is setting in.  I drove along the Hudson yesterday and it
is loaded with ice all the way to NYC.  I decided to store my boat home this
year.  A great decision.  I have been working on it all winter and just
completed a new centerboad out of 1/2 steel plate sandwiched between two pieces of 3/4
inch oak. I keep the snow off the boat and all around so I can stay busy with
it till spring.  I rigged an electric heater to keep the cabin dry and
comfortable to work in.  By working on the boat between seasons it feels like I'm
really sailing year round  because  I'm  still active with the boat.  Once the
boat is in the water I only want to sail and won't do any projects that may lay
the boat up. Since the boat is one of the oldest ones around (1973)  I have
plans for major upgrades and am well on my way.  As  soon as the river thaws
around the end of March or early April I will launch.  By the end of next season
this will be one R22 to be reckond with.