[Rhodes22-list] Boat Lifts

Kroposki kroposki at innova.net
Mon Jan 19 07:52:27 EST 2004

Bob,
	I keep my boat in a wet slip at a marina on a lake and cannot
offer advice based on lift or rack storage experience.  However, on the
Carolina coast they use rack storage at marinas extensively.  If you do
not get your requested advice on this list, I recommend going to another
list that covers an area where such methods of storage are used.  Such a
list might be the Sail Net South Atlantic list which covers the Carolina
coast.  Others might suggest other sources of information.
	Slings are used at most marinas for working on boats.  However,
this is only a temporary arrangement while working on a boat.  Bunks and
rollers can be set up to properly support the hull, an important
consideration.
	Storing a boat on a rack will help prevent some problems like
algae fowling and moisture caused problems like blistering.  However, it
will take you more time to do that most important thing, sailing.

Sailing on Rummy's Lake (aka Lake Hartwell), in South Carolina.

                                  Ed K