[Rhodes22-list] inside sheeting

Bill Effros bill at effros.com
Tue Jan 20 10:22:51 EST 2004

Bruce,

Like Wally, I reroute the lazy sheet.  Like Slim, my sheets are long enough that I can leave them cleated while I set up the changed configuration.

I do all the work from inside the cabin, with the Pop-Top up.  I normally sail with the Pop-Top up.  If I can't sail with the Pop Top up I won't be rerouting lines.  There is no danger factor,  I can see where I'm going the whole time, I'm not working with tension on any line, and I can always drop what I'm doing and move a few feet back to the tiller without fear of falling overboard.

Stan moved the cleats for inside cleating all over, so some people's experiences are not valid for your boat.  On my boat, inside cleating has been simplified, so it is easy to set up, but does not have as much adjustment as on some other R-22s I have seen.

Bill Effros