[Rhodes22-list] Boat for sale

Richard Smith sailnut at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 21 09:42:32 EST 2004

> 1) I live in the NY area, dock rate are 120$ per foot and 28$ for winter
storage, now that 35 footer with the 3 foot bow and 1 foot
> rudder is around 5722 a year, ouch.>

If you can consider an alternative to a slip I would suggest you consider a
private mooring and launch service.  For years we sailed from a mooring  out
of Huntington Harbor and loved it.

Cony's Marine operates a launch/mooring operation at the foot of the harbor
and currently operates the towns mooring field, at the mouth of the harbor,
Gold Star Beach.

Cony's is a very experienced full service marine operation.  I bought my
CD-25 from them and they were professional in the deal and they run their
marine operation in the same way.

Huntington Harbor and Huntington Bay come as close to sailing paradise as
any venue in this part of the country can be.

Huntington is about an hour and a half  drive (early morning) from NYC.
There is a major LIRR station there and taxi service is readily available.
There are a host of restaurants and other amenities in the harbor area.

A mooring with launch service for a 28 foot boat should be less then $1,000
for the season.  Well worth the money.

Richard Smith