[Rhodes22-list] Sculling Practice

kostmst at comcast.net kostmst at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 14:21:54 EST 2004

When I had a demo sail with Stan out of Babylon NY, Stan sculled the boat out to open water from his home, where we raised sail.  He didn't have a motor on the boat, so sculling way his major means of locomotion into and out of the lagoon to his dock.

When I bought Circe, I didn't bother with a motor either for the first two years.  But a couple of bouts with strong headwinds, turned the tide for me and I bought a OMC sailmaster 9.9.  OMC had a reputation for making sea water motors as opposed to the Mercury's of the time which were fresh water motors.  I do not know if that is still true.

Tom Kosiba
SV Circe