[Rhodes22-list] are we crazy?

Ben Schultz BenS at ApproSystems.com
Fri Jan 23 11:20:09 EST 2004

Peter,

You might check the sailnet lists to see if there is a list for that
geographical area.  There probably is.  I check the sailnet GulfCoast list,
and although it isn't as lively or fun as this one (needless to say), I have
gotten some good pointers on local anchorages that I wouldn't have found on
my own.

Ben

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Thorn" <pthorn at nc.rr.com>
To: "Rhodes 22 List Members" <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 5:47 PM
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] are we crazy?

Has anyone sailed around Long Island?

I have an offer to crew with cousin Tom to attempt such in his (ahem) Mac
26x (Please, no wisecracks -  it has a 50 hp motor and can move quickly as
necessary).  Looking for some opinions, advice and perhaps local knowledge.

What is best time of year to attempt that trip in a "non-bluewater" boat?

Can you stay in the ditch most of the way?

What are the best spots to gunkhole?  (Are there any left?)

Could it be done in 7 days?

PT

The information transmitted may contain confidential material and is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any
action by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the information from
your system and contact the sender.