[Rhodes22-list]reply to comment on mast hoist on Rhodes 22

stan stan at rhodes22.com
Thu Jul 1 21:02:15 EDT 2004

Our mast hoist system, being so big,  looked over my shoulder and has a few
choice comments in response to the comments referring to her:

She was pleased that her supporters referred to her light weight.

She was disappointed that no one mentioned that you can sail the boat
without touching her. The carrier is designed so it can stay put while
sailing, since the double aluminum legs of the transom carrier are designed
to not interfere with the tiller steering.  Even the crane can remain either
standing against the mast, or lowered to the deck without disconnect from
its cabin top deck plate - or can stow inside the cabin or under the cockpit
seats.

And she wanted to point out that one of her admirers was correct in that the
special brake winch (that lets you go to the bathroom with the mast sitting
at any angle until you get back) is the heavy part of the crane and can be
mounted on the trailer instead.

stan/gbi