[Rhodes22-list] Sailing with trailer attached.

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Fri Jul 2 17:09:11 EDT 2004

this sound like an urban legend,

IIRC, woman put husband boat in the water(blonde maybe :-), even at WOT the "big engines" can not get the boat on plane, in fact it
is hardy moving, she goes to the mechanic, he checks the boat over at the dock and every thing seem fine and the motors spool-up,
figures she does not know how to drive and then takes her for a spin. He can not get the boat moving and then see the trailer

I would use the standard bow eye strap, plus a good strap around the bow/trailer and stern/trailer, You might have to bottom paint
the trailer. You could call it the amphibious option. maybe an waterproof electric motor on the wheels?, the olny problem will be an
increace in wetted surfaces so sailing might be slower and the boat might act every funny in waves.

MJM