[Rhodes22-list]reply to comment on mast hoist on Rhodes 22

Mike Fortuna fortunare at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 01:17:37 EDT 2004

on 7/1/04 11:30 PM, Rik Sandberg at sanderico at earthlink.net wrote:

> Ed and Doug,
>
> Certainly can't speak for everybody, or absolutely every system, but the R22's
> mast raising system is about the least bulky mast raising system I have seen.
> Not sure how one could make it much smaller and still make the needed
> leverage.
>
> Rik
>
> sorry if I've provoked so much discussion about the mast raising system.
Someone had a photo posted of it.  Can you reference the site again since
I've lost it?

 Approximately how much do the two poles weigh and what are their
approximate dimensions.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting it.  Will also send
photos and specs  of a single gin pole system that's easy and cheap to make
if anyone is interested in comparing the two.  Mike in Michigan