[Rhodes22-list] Critical Standard Mainsail Standing RigDimensionsFor Rhod...

FredkLange at aol.com FredkLange at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 11:18:30 EDT 2004

I had one of those rollup booms for reefing the main on my Javelin.  Used it
for racing because it preserved the shape of the main that minimized heeling
on a reach so the boat would plane.  But you couldn't use the vang and had to
use end-boom sheeting, giving a disadvantage on a course with a more upwind
layout.

When not racing, the tradeoffs weren't worth figuring out.

Fred