[Rhodes22-list] need help

Herb Parsons hparsons at parsonsys.com
Wed Jul 7 13:07:48 EDT 2004

Stan,

I'm a computer professional, and I would recommend against doing this this way. The problem is that computers are too literal, and don't have the "human common sense" of a person. I would strongly recommend you find a person who is fluent in Spanish (Mexican Spanish), and have them do this for you on an as-needed basis.

I say this, because I see too many computer-related things that are improperly translated. It's funny when you read an instruction manual that states "to modify the surface intersection" instead of "to modify the interface". However, what is humorous in a manual might be expensive, tragic, or both, when applied to construction of boats.

I just have this picture of misunderstanding a teak accessory on the deck, and ending up with a teak deck instead.

>>> stan<stan at rhodes22.com> 07/07 11:02 AM >>>
    since everyone on this list knows more about computers than we at GBI do, thought I should ask:

we are insourcing and now have three associates from various countries South of the border and have to communicate with them so they stop building used Macgregors and start building used Rhodes.

is there any program out there that we can purchase where we can type in what we want to say in English and get it to print out in Spanish  ... and if so, who would sell it ??

thanks for any input - we  have all the Macs we need for now.

stan/gbi.