[Rhodes22-list] Self tending jib

Ronald Lipton rlipton at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 26 15:34:33 EDT 2004

I am still confused about the basics of the self tending jib.  The text
on the GB page tends to imply that the jib can be flown with the 175
up.  Does this mean that a line is needed as is used for the UPS?
Can enough tension be maintained to keep good sail shape?  It is presumably
ment for higher winds where the 175 would not be used and the size
would be small enough to be self tending inside the shrouds.  A picture
would tell 1000 words.

Ron