[Rhodes22-list] Generator

Robert Skinner robert at squirrelhaven.com
Tue Jul 27 15:52:01 EDT 2004

"Gardner, Douglas (LNG-DAY)" wrote:
> ...  Unfortunately, I just checked on the charger in my Airstream and it
> draws 975 watts (max).  That just seems a little too close for comfort.  Now
> I'm sure I probably won't hit it unless the batteries are dead, but it also
> wouldn't leave anything left over for lights!  So, I'm leaning toward the
> 2000i.  I don't know, maybe a 1000 watt generator would be fine.  I'm just a
> little leary of it given yours kicking out.

Two thoughts:

1.  To reset the breaker on the eu1000i (and probably
the 2000 as well), you have to shut down the generator
and restart it.  This is a PITA, probably deliberate
on the part of the design team to avoid chronic
overloading.

2.  The larger eu20001 is more appropriate for general
use, as it will also handle power tools and
refrigerators (and perhaps freezers) in case of a
blackout.  I wish I'd gotten the larger one, now that
I've come up against the limitations of the 1000.
--
Robert W. Skinner CDP, "Squirrel Haven"
9 Gateway Commons, Gorham, ME 04038-1331