[Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green

eric.charles.newburger at census.gov eric.charles.newburger at census.gov
Thu Jul 29 11:03:13 EDT 2004

Thank you, and everyone else who wrote, for you kind encouragement.   I am
responding publicly rather than privately because there have been several
of you.

As must have been difficult to read in my email, I finished making my boat
decision some months ago, already signed a contract with Stan, and put down
a deposit.  I await with some excitement for the arrival of my new weekend
home on the water.  This is why I have been reading the emails on this
list.

Had I been at an earlier stage in my boat search, ugliness like the thread
in question would have soured me to the R-22 and caused me to look at other
boats first.  But, happily, I am beyond that stage.  No worries.  I merely
wrote to encourage civility on a public forum, and I wouldn't have even
done that except that I perceived one of the thread emails as an attack on
Stan, who I like.

And Bob, thanks for the invite.  If I am ever in your area, I'll stop by.

Eric

PS  Since someone else asked, yes, government workers are allowed to use
the office phones, and, by extension, the office email, for a few minutes
here or there to answer the occasional personal email.  Now, a few years
ago, if you wanted to make a personal call, you had to take a break, walk
down the hall, and use the now-defunct pay phones.  But someone finally
noticed that all this walking about the hallways caused far more
interruption and lost work than the few pennies saved on the office phones
could justify.

                      "Bob Weber"
                      <ruba1811 at hotmail.com>         To:       rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      rhodes22-list-bounces at r        Subject:  Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green
                      hodes22.org

                      07/28/2004 09:50 AM
                      Please respond to The
                      Rhodes 22 mail list

Eric, your message was difficult to read due to some format issues.  I
didn't get thru much if it but the message is loud and clear.  Keep in mind

that the list is of owners and reflect nothing of the boat.  The boat is
bullet proof.  In my mind the R-22 is the perfect small cabin boat / large
daysailor.  The boat is over built and simple to sail and maintain.  Stan
is
a straight shooter - I have personal experience of this.  The rest of the
posts are people who have varying familiarity who are free to express their

views.  Normally they are polite, well thought out opinions.  Heck we
havent
even told Ashcroft about the free speech of the insurgents (i mean
democrats) on the list, yet.  I would be glad to answer any question you
might have concerning the boat as it compares to others in the same
price/size range.  If you are in the Midwest, come by st. louis and take a
test drive.  I know others at the marina with similiar boats who would let
you poke around and compare the R-22 to their boats.  You can compare the
R-22 with a C-22, Precision 23, Compac 23?, Hunter 26 and a Benetaue first
23.  There are plus' and minus' on each but the general ledger shows the
Rhodes leads in aggragete by enough margin to make those other boat owners
very interested on my boat.  Hope it helps.  Bob Weber

>From: eric.charles.newburger at census.gov
>To: The Rhodes 22 mail list <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green
>Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 08:47:18 -0400
>
><FONT face="Default Sans Serif, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
>size=2><DIV>Mr. Meltzer,</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I have only recently
>joined this list, and so know nothing of its history, your history, nor
Mr.
>Green's history.</DIV><DIV>I know only how your recent public messages to
>Mr. Green, and now&nbsp;a very nice fellow named&nbsp;Stan, have effected
>me. </DIV><DIV>Your messages&nbsp;have made me sad, and a little
>sick.&nbsp; They make me&nbsp;wary of joining&nbsp;any kind of club that
>you belong to--in other words, they make me question&nbsp;whether I should

>go through with purchasing&nbsp;the Rhodes 22 that I have already put down

>a deposit on.&nbsp; </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>I&nbsp;hope your ugly
rants
>are an abberation.&nbsp; However, even a few messages like these would
have
>been enough to turn me away from the Rhodes while I was&nbsp;still
choosing
>among the several small boats out there using this list for part of my
>research--something that Stan recommended I do.&nbsp; It seems like he
>won't be able to do that so easily in the future.
></DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Like I said, I am new to this list.&nbsp; It
>seems like it might be a wonderful resource for people like me who want to

>learn from the experience of long time owners.&nbsp; But if I
>find&nbsp;more threads like this one, I will stop researching&nbsp;the
>archives&nbsp;and try to go it alone.&nbsp; I hope that it is possible
>to&nbsp;scrub this thread&nbsp;out of the archives of this list.&nbsp; I
>hope it is the only one like it.&nbsp; I hope that I will never again find

>so uncivil a message in my in box.&nbsp; </DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>Eric
>Newburger</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><FONT
>color=#990099>-----rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org wrote:
>-----<BR><BR></FONT>To: "stan" &lt;stan at rhodes22.com&gt;, "The Rhodes 22
>mail list" &lt;rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org&gt;<BR>From: "Michael Meltzer"
>&lt;mjm at michaelmeltzer.com&gt;<BR>Sent by:
>rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org<BR>Date: 07/28/2004 12:26AM<BR>Subject:

>Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green<BR><BR>You know something Stan, I am
>sitting here wondering, offended and deeply questioning should have I
>cared. BTW dad was a great guy,<BR>leave him out of this horse shit,
>including how ever you want to spin it.<BR><BR>MJM<BR><BR>----- Original
>Message ----- <BR>From: "stan" &lt;stan at rhodes22.com&gt;<BR>To: "The
Rhodes
>22 mail list" &lt;rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org&gt;<BR>Sent: Tuesday, July
27,
>2004 1:34 AM<BR>Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon Green<BR><BR><BR>&gt;

>Michael,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; That Roger guy from the UK that you crucified was

>going to buy 3 Rhodes -<BR>&gt; thanks   Now he doesn't even want the free

>literature.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Nevertheless, I love you and agree with Bill
>that you should continue being<BR>&gt; yourself and let it all out - much
>healthier.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Sheldon Green is really a lovely guy but he had

>a different father than you<BR>&gt; so was brought up seeing things in a
>different light.  I always enjoyed<BR>&gt; listening to your father on the

>radio but I am sure that your father and<BR>&gt; Green's father would not
>have seen things from the same perspective, either.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; So
make
>up with your new fellow Rhodie and we will forgive you for voting<BR>&gt;
>for Bush. (Well maybe we won't go that far.)<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
>stan/gbi<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- <BR>&gt; From: "Bill

>Effros" &lt;bill at effros.com&gt;<BR>&gt; To: "The Rhodes 22 mail list"
>&lt;rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org&gt;<BR>&gt; Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004
>11:40 PM<BR>&gt; Subject: Re: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon
>Green<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Michael, no need to hold back, let out your
>true feelings, you'll feel<BR>&gt; better.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;
>Bill<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; ----- Original Message ----- <BR>&gt; From:
>Michael Meltzer<BR>&gt; To: rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org<BR>&gt; Sent:
>Monday, July 26, 2004 11:14 PM<BR>&gt; Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Sheldon
>Green<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Sheldon Green may a curse be upon you, wife
>and family. Bad healthy, poor<BR>&gt; income, pain and disperse. May all
>your luck be bad. May your days be short<BR>&gt; and bitter. May the sea
>take your rotten soul soon. I am sorry you every<BR>&gt; because a Rhodes
>owner. You have no honor. You did nothing but take and even<BR>&gt; after
>that you took some more. Asshole, I just paid off your shortfall<BR>&gt;
>asshole. Your were killing them.Your lucky the boys told me after the
>fact<BR>&gt; because I would have killed that deal. I hope you kill your
>self on the<BR>&gt; fucking boat. Better yet a love one, You are such a
>piece of work.  Yes<BR>&gt; people I am pissed. Stans to nice and trusting

>and would never say anything.<BR>&gt; I am not under such a restriction.
>Get wishbone by a drunk. Hope you fuckup<BR>&gt; the boat again, those
>custom parts can be a real bitch. Half of me hoping<BR>&gt; the dam boat
>burn to the water line, but than you might get insurance, hope<BR>&gt; it
>just death of 100 of uninsurable bills. An big yard bills.  Ask
>some<BR>&gt; advice I have a few great answers ready. Like were to stick
> [...]

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to 'Dig Yourself Out of Debt' from MSN
Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx