[Rhodes22-list] so how where the 26rc?

William P. Barry, III wp.barry at att.net
Tue Jun 1 21:03:42 EDT 2004

Gorgeous. Between the Stainless steel ports, hauspipes, bimini, and dodger
it looks like a totally different boat. The upgrade cushions were extremely
nice, but we held off to meet the budget. The interior wood upgrade is an
improvement especially the different style stainless steel sink and faucet
that are included. Makes the boat seem a bit more "home like" In combination
with the double burner stove the galley area is attractive. The 18hp engine
runs a lot quieter than the 9. We added the anchor to our purchase list. Its
chrome and really colmpliments the boat. As far as the rigging goes, Elton
said you were going to handle much of your own. I got a few good leads of
what to add. Your idea of the plate under the mast adding  loops for blocks
does not seem to work on the Seaward. The mast doesnt have a pin through it
like the Rhodes, but a u-b0olt that it pivets on. The platform is not level
either so a flat stainless plate cannot be added. Actually one thing i do
not like is that the base of the mast rest directly on the fiberglass. Seems
as though there may be long term wear if something is not placed underneath.
We hope to pick Bulldog up in Florida leaving Monday night the 14th. Some of
the crew will head home, and the rest will stay in Edenton for a couple days
to finish getting some work done. Our list includes AM/FM, VHF, Antennae,
additional Circuit breaker panel, GPS, Autopilot, Sounder, decklight, mast
hoist, and crutch. (HOIST = BIG IMPROVEMENT!) I think we may only have GB do
about half and the rest i'll figure out to keep expense down. IE: AM/FM,
VHF, antennae.

Will Barry
Bulldog II (Seaward 26)
Formerly 2001 Rhodes 22