[Rhodes22-list] V berth floatation

Michael Meltzer mjm at michaelmeltzer.com
Thu Jun 3 00:01:59 EDT 2004

Stan methods have changed over the years, as of now he uses a polished stainless mold with release on it. The stuff does not stick
to it. The pour the stuff into the space and press the steel to form it, it ends up forms a good skin that is well "stuck" to the
hull and hard for the workers to mess up. Now In years past.... build a dam...glass over...etc.. The stuckage most likly is a
"feature" of the form used for that pour(and how well mixed), it changed over the years with different suppliers which it leading to
different long term results(remember what they think will happen over 20 years for the stuff is only a good guess when they first
make it).

MJM