[Rhodes22-list] V berth floatation

Roger Pihlaja cen09402 at centurytel.net
Fri Jun 4 04:30:34 EDT 2004

Rob,

If you can shift your foam around such that it is level again; then, I think
there is a quick & simple solution to your problem.  Hardware stores & home
centers sell canisters of a polyurethane foam product intended for caulking
and insulating around windows, doors & other openings.  One common trade
name is a product called "Great Stuff", but there are other similar products
on the market.  Once your old floatation foam is level, try injecting the
liquid foam all around the perimeter of the old foam.  The product cannister
will come with a long tube that will enable you to inject the foam as much
as a foot deep.  Liquid polyurethane foam is VERY sticky & will make a great
adhesive bond between your old foam and the inside of the hull.  I would
think that if you injected the liquid foam all around the old foam & let it
harden; that, your old flotation foam would once again be soldidly bonded to
the hull.

Good luck!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium