[Rhodes22-list] What the heck?

FredkLange at aol.com FredkLange at aol.com
Fri Jun 4 11:24:18 EDT 2004

The down side of cleaning up the Great Lakes is that black flies and other
bugs have rebounded.  On Lake Erie, they gather on the boat when going less than
5 knots, the temp is 70 or above and when the wind is less than 10 knots.
Within 100 yards of shore, they disappear.

Deet won't keep them off, so heavy clothing is the only defense, albeit
uncomfortable.  My solution is to screen in the pop top, hook up the Autohelm, and
bring the remote and GPS into the cabin.

Fred